Wow I am so far behind on updating my blog and it is very sad I don't have the excuse that I have been busy lately. For once in a very long time we have actual free time on our hands most evenings and weekends. So here are pics of Thanksgiving, maybe I will have Christmas posted by Easter.
Thanksgiving was spent in Dallas Texas with the Anderson clan. We enjoyed some relaxation and fun activities:
1. Ran a 5k as a family Thanksgiving morning. Crashed into my nephew Daniel at the finish line, fell to the ground in front of hundreds of people and to make matters worse broke my toe in the process.
2. Played a little softball on a school playground close-by.
3. Celebrated Christmas....which got a little crazy. We had 1 minor injury.
4. Attended the Kansas State / North Texas football game as a family
5. Got up really damn early to do Black Friday shopping for absolutely no reason.
6. Enjoyed time with family playing games.
7. Laughed a lot!

The group of runners getting ready to head to downtown Dallas for the Turkey Trot

Huddling together to keep warm, it was freezing cold. We took refuge in a McDonald's awaiting the start of the run.

Moving closer to the starting line.

Game night.

Grandpa and Maddi snuggle time.

Abbey decorating the Christmas tree

Maddi and Millie acting like....well, Maddi and Millie.

The kids all made gingerbread houses.

Don't tell his insurance agent he's doing that!!

Christmas fun! The kids played secret Santa all week leaving clues and small gifts for each other. When we celebrated Christmas, they had to try to guess who their secret Santa was.




As usual the adult "white elephant" gift exchange gets a little out of control.



Tailgating before the football game.

I'm pretty sure we accounted for a 1/4 of the total attendance of the game.





No comments:
Post a Comment