Sunday, January 3, 2010

Vacation


Well my week off with the girls is coming to close. We had a good week for the most part aside from Abbey having a rash break out all over her face requiring spending most of Monday in two different doctor's office waiting rooms. Explain to me again why we make an appointment? I get there 10 minutes early to both and yet we still wait 30 minutes before we get called back and then wait another 20 minutes in the room waiting for the doctor. The steroid cream that was prescribed cleared up the rash so I guess it was all worth it.


The quote of the week:

Abbey had a sleep over at her friend Mallorie's house on Tuesday night. As we were packing her bag here is how the conversation went.

Ben: Abbey you need to change your underwear.

Abbey: Why?

Ben: Because you wore those yesterday so they are dirty.

Abbey: No they're not.

Ben: Yes they are please change them. (laying underwear on floor in front of her and left to gather her bathroom stuff)

Ben: (Return to room and see underwear on the floor) Did you change your underwear?

Abbey: I don't know.

Ben: What do you mean you don't know...are these the dirty ones or clean ones?

Abbey: I don't know, smell them and see.

Ben: Laughing, that is gross!

(Do not mention to Abbey that I posted this, I got in trouble for sharing it with Mom.)


Here is a quick list off our activities:

-Maddi attended basketball practice with the Dynamite. (a competitive traveling b-ball team. I will write a separate post about this.)
-Maddi attended basketball practice with the Jazz (her regular team)
-Abbey had a sleep over with Malory
-Maddi had Haley over to go ice skating and sleep over.
-Maddi went sledding with Haley
-Played Wii
-Watched 11 movies at home. (includes week before Christmas but very excessive I know.)
-Watched 2 movies at the theatre.
-Played games
-Played Barbies
-Rang in the New Year
-Spent a day in Topeka shopping
-Went to Hy-Vee for donuts one morning and took Grandpa Dale with us.
-Played in the snow






The one project I set out to complete during my time off, put the doors back up in the room we painted back in June. I got 1 of the three at least into the room.

Cousin IT came to visit for the Holidays!

Happy New Year!

Throwing "snappers" against the fireplace to simulate fireworks to ring in the New Year!


Wow...so serious. Enjoying Wii time.



Even during vacation we can be a little grumpy.

Me, being encouraging.

Mom joining us at the skating rink when she got off work.






1 comment:

  1. I'm making myself a note to never, ever play Wii against Amy.

    ReplyDelete